3. Personal Identification Information. Our Site is neither directed to, intended for, nor designed to be used by anyone who is less than 18 years of age. You represent that you are at least 18 years of age. We may collect personal identification information from adult Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users fill out a form or submit information in connection with activities, services, features or resources we may from time to time make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, when appropriate, name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card and other billing information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as controller of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
4. Non-Personal Identification Information. We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
6. Website Server Logs. We may collect information in the form of website server logs (“Logs”). These Logs are files that record activity on the Site and gather statistics about users’ activities, such as: (1) how many users have visited the Site; (2) how often; (3) how many “hits” the Site and a particular webpage has received; (4) sign-in and sign-off times for the Site; (5) type and quality of the user’s Internet connection to the Site; (6) identification of the user’s hardware and software accessing the Site; (7) the features on the Site you used; and, (8) the frequency of use. The entries comprising the Logs contain IP addresses, user IDs, and identification of the Internet service provider that provides your connection to the Internet. Generally, we us the Logs to operate and improve the Site, to identify the popularity of certain features, to assist with internal marketing and demographic studies, to enable us to assess overall efficiency and activity on the Site, and to assess users’ web-browsing activities, preferences, and habits. We also use the Logs to monitor traffic on the Site and to troubleshoot technical problems.
7. How We Use Collected Information. In addition to what is set forth above, Verge Agritech may also uses Users’ personal information to communicate with Uses regarding questions or other submissions made by the Users to Verge Agritech, or to send periodic emails, newsletters, or alerts.
8. How We Protect Your information. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a secure sockets layer (“SSL”) secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
10. How We Share Your Personal information. We do not sell, trade or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. However, we expressly reserve the right to disclose Personal Information and any other information to third parties if we believe, in good faith, that we are required to do so by applicable law, including, but not limited to, disclosure to law enforcement or other government officials in connection with an investigation of claims of fraud, misappropriation or infringement of any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, or any other conduct or activity that is illegal or that may subject you or Verge Agritech, its agents, employees, affiliates or others to any potential legal liability or as otherwise required by law. We may also disclose Personal Information and any other information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or as otherwise permitted by law. We reserve the right to disclose the Personal Information or any other information of a User who we believe is in violation of any policy or rule as posted on the Site, even without a subpoena, warrant, court order or other governmental request.
11. How Long We Keep Your Information. We will hold all non-client personal data until you let us know you would like for us to delete it or unsubscribe from our marketing contacts, which you are free to do at any time. We will hold all client and customer personal data in our files for six years.
12. Use and Transfer of Your Information Out of the EEA. This website is operated in the United States. If you are located in the EEA or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States. By using this website, participating in any of its services and/or providing your information, you consent to this transfer. These countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. While the European Commission has not given a formal decision that the United States provides an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to the derogation in Article 49 permitting non-repetitive transfers that concern only a limited number of data subjects, as permitted by Article 49 of the General Data Protection Regulation that is designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information. If you would like further information, (see “How to contact us” below. We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organization (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
13. Your Rights. If you want to unsubscribe from receiving e-mails from Verge Agritech, you may do so at any time. Each e-mail from Verge Agritech includes instructions for unsubscribing from these e-mail communications.
If you are covered by the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
• Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
• Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
You may also have the right to claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, available at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guideto-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/ (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulationgdpr/individual-rights/).
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• Email, call, or write to us
• Provide us enough information to identify you
• Provide us proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driver’s license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
• Provide us with the information to which your request relates
14. Minors And Children. If Verge Agritech becomes aware that any Minor is submitting or has submitted Personal Information to the Site without parental consent, we will delete and/or discard any Personal Information within our control as soon as possible. In addition, for purposes of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), Verge Agritech makes the following statement: The Site is not directed to or intended for persons under the age of 13. If Verge Agritech becomes aware that any person submitting Personal Information is under the age of 13, we will delete and discard any Personal Information within our control as soon as possible.
California Users may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we only are required to respond to one request per user each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
16. How to Complain. We hope that we can resolve any question or concern you raise about our use of your information. If you are covered by the General Data Protection Regulation, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
17. Acceptance Of These Terms. By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
HempTenn LLC d/b/a Verge Agritech
330 Franklin Rd., Suite 135A-280
Brentwood, TN 37027
19. Do You Need Extra Help? If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see “How to contact us” above).
Policy Last Updated October 21, 2019